Updated: Aug 7
- I'm on a roll with this new baking business, haha! ;-)
I may earn a small commission at no cost to you when you click and purchase. Thank you.
Last week, I shared my first homemade cake baking experience-you can read that here. On this post, I’m sharing details about the homemade pizza I made on the 4th of July day.
I woke up early Monday morning, and felt the nudge to bake bread. I only had a few ingredients. I used flour, water, butter, eggs, and salt. It looked more like an unleavened cake to me. It was tasty. I ate it with honey, and the kids ate it with syrup. They thought it was cake, and liked it better than the actual cake. I'm going to keep baking this recipe.
1. I mixed the flour and salt in one bowl.
2. I mixed the egg and melted butter in a separate bowl.
3. I formed a center hole in the flour mix, and added the egg and melted butter.
4. I mixed the batter until it looked like the picture above.
5. I preheated the microwave oven at 375 degrees F.
6. I let it bake for about 30 minutes or until it was brown and looked well done.
In the picture above is what it looked liked halfway through the baking. I did not get to take a picture of it when it was done.
Later that night, I decided to make dough and bake flatbread pizzas. For the recipe, I only used flour, water, salt, baking powder, and olive oil. For the toppings, I only used marinara sauce and cheese. I wasn’t sure how it was going to taste, but I was excited when I made the dough. The pizzas tasted so good. Now that I know how to bake homemade cakes, bread, and pizzas, I can save a lot of money by switching to homemade foods. :-)
I mixed the flour, baking powder and salt into one bowl.
I added the the water (next time will use milk) and olive oil until the dough was soft.
3. I kneaded the dough for about 5 or 10 minutes.
4. I put the dough in a separate bowl and let it sit covered for about 10 minutes.
5. I flattened the dough and seasoned it with garlic and Italian seasoning.
6. For the toppings on the first pizza, I added marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, shredded cheddar and shredded Mexican fiesta cheese.
7. On the second pizza, I added feta cheese, provolone, and shredded cheese with marinara sauce.
8. I preheated the toaster oven for about 375 degrees, and let them bake for about a 45 minutes or until the bottom was brown.
The next time I bake a pizza, I will put the dough in the oven to bake for a few minutes, and then I will add the toppings.
I'm ready to learn more and bake more. Although baking is a lot of work to me, I like the fact that I'll be able to save a lot of money and create some tasty meals for me and the kids.